Wednesday 19 November 2008

Welcome to Margaret Sharrow's art blog


Hello, and welcome to my blog. I am finishing a B.A. in Fine Art at Aberystwyth University, and this blog will be a place where you can view my work in progress, as well as notices of current and upcoming exhibitions of my work. For more information, and my portfolio, please link to my website, sharrow.mosaicglobe.com, where you can also read about Greenland, where I have recently been travelling and taking thousands of photographs that form the basis of my work this year. (I also have an autobiographical blog about my trip to Greenland.) You can also view my work at Saatchi Online, Flickr and Facebook.

At the moment I'm quite busy getting work into shows around Wales. My solo exhibition at Cafe Print in Lampeter is now closed, but I still have pieces in St Dogmaels Gallery, near Cardigan and @ The Gallery, Rhayader.

This morning I mixed some cyanotype chemicals for my current degree work. Cyanotype is one of several alternative photographic processes I'm into. It was developed by John Herschel and Anna Atkins in the 1840s. It used to be used by engineers and architects for blueprints. It remains a lovely way of producing blue tone photographs. A lot of my current work is in the medium of cyanotype.

I'm about to attend a sound recording / editing workshop. The nice thing about being at an art school is that there's always something going on...

No comments: